Fraud, cheating and stealing are prevalent in today's workplace.
Make sure your employees understand right from wrong.
In this seminar, we will explore personal and collective ethics in business. We will discuss what factors influence individuals’ and businesses’ ethics. We will consider the effects of businesses’ ethical decisions, and we will apply ethical principles to modern management issues. These issues include employment contracts, business alliances, consumer protection, advertising, corporate social responsibility, sustainability, and corporate culture. In considering these issues, we will distinguish between businesses’ legal compliance and ethical responsibilities.
After the seminar, participants will be able to:
- articulate “what is ethics”, “what is moral responsibility”, “what is compliance”
- provide examples of ethical and legal compliance successes and failures
- apply the principles of business ethics, responsibility, and compliance to their business career
- What is “ethics”?
- What is “business ethics”?
- What makes some businesses and business people more (or less) ethical than others?
Ethical Principles in Business
- Ethical relativism & absolutism
- Moral development
- Moral reasoning
- Moral responsibility
- Ethical perspectives
- Ethical versus legal
Ethics and Markets
- Intellectual property
- Free markets
Ethical Issues in Businesses
- Corporate culture
- Human resource practices
Ethics and the Environment
- Resource depletion
Ethics and Marketing
- Consumer protection
Ethical Obligations on the Job
- Employees’ ethical obligations to their employer
- Employees’ ethical obligations to their employees
A strong understanding of ethics, and responsibility is a knowledge base that every employee needs. This class is best suited for Supervisors and above.