This class meets two consecutive days: July 17 & 18, 2017
This two day workshop is designed for individuals desiring to be more effective as a manager. We will explore and analyze the differences between effective and ineffective managers. To be successful, managers must become coaches who push exceptional performance by empowering employees rather than acting as referees to control employees.
Prior to Attending the sessions:
The book “It’s Okay to be the Boss” is used as a reference book during this training. Everyone who registers for the class will receive a copy of the book prior to the first day of class.
Chapters 1 – 5 are covered on the first day of the session
Chapters 6 – 10 are covered the second day.
There are some review questions over the first five chapters that will come with the book and should be completed prior to attending the class.
The Role of a Manager
- How the role of managing differs from doing
- How to transition into an effective manager
- Four fundamental functions of effective managers
- Common problems why managers fail
How to Improve Communication and Coaching
- Three characteristics of groups that communicate effectively
- How to improve listening
- A five-step approach to coaching
Improving the Art of Delegation
- What is authority?
- Problems in delegation
- How to give an order
- How to criticize
The Role of Accountability
- Four major mistakes managers make in handling objectives
- Four suggestions for improving accountability with objectives
- The relationship between attitudes and accountability
- The relationship between morale and accountability