When a leader understands their sphere of influence,
they create an oasis for growth and success.
This course will provide essential tools for coaching employees individually or as a team. These tools will be both practical and useful. You will leave this course with guidance to help your team explore issues to seek solutions rather than pointing out problems – and all the toxic behaviors that sometimes crop up. This hands-on facilitated workshop will ensure you leave with a new understanding of your role as a “Manager as a Coach”. You will be provided with a road-map that will guide you to conduct effective coaching conversations that you can put to use immediately and with anyone.
- Gain insight into the role of the “manager as a coach”
- Identify when to coach and when to manage your team
- Learn how to gauge the T.E.A.M.
- Structure coaching conversations for performance
Coach or manage?
- What is coaching vs. managing?
- Why is coaching important?
- Who are you as a manager?
- What is your management style?
Manager as a coach
- What is the mindset of a coach?
- What is the role of the coach?
- What is the role of the employee who is being coached?
- What are effective coaching styles?
- What is the power of a question?
- 6 Steps to transform performance
- How to give feedback for improvement
Managers and Leaders who feel they spend more time firefighting, problem-solving and micro-managing instead of effectively managing their team.
“Great class, good size. Material was very useful in a real world sense. Instructor was very open to helping solve personal work issues with our lesson concepts and walk through solutions, she was very patient and knowledgeable.”
Erika Tes, Kansas Orthopedic Center, Wichita, Kansas
“Opened my eyes to helpful phrases for open ended conversations.”
Maurita Gatewood, Case Manager Supervisor, 18th Judicial District Court, Wichita, Kansas
“Good energy – Fun – Good tools for work & life””
Jeff Boese, Engineer, Bradbury Company, Wichita, Kansas
Substitutions are free and must be done prior to the start of the class or certificate program.
Cancellations or rescheduling must be received in writing and full refunds will be given up to four business days prior to the start of class.
Any cancellation or reschedule submitted with three or less business days notice is subject to a $35 charge on 1 or 2 day classes and a $75 charge on certificate programs.
No refunds after the first day of the class or certificate program.