Interested in advancing in your career?
Prepare yourself with skills that
will put you ahead of the field.
This Six Sigma Black Belt course has been developed according to the ASQ guidelines and presents an overview of the concepts for the Certification Exam. This advanced, self-paced, online course explores process and team management, operational metrics, and key tools and techniques to achieve process excellence. Typically, although not in all cases, the Black Belt is preceded by the completion of a Six Sigma Green Belt.
- On-line courses can be started at ANY time.
- Worked on at ANY time.
- Work at ANY pace you choose.
- You are in control.
- 48 Contact hours
- Six months – 180 days – access
This 69 hour time-on-task course is most appropriate if you are seeking a process improvement methodology that will provide a systematic and proven method to decrease costs associated with rejects, rework, and cycle time, while increasing output, customer satisfaction and margins. Are you interested in advancing in your management career? Prepare yourself to get certified with a Six Sigma Black Belt!
- Analyze how Six Sigma methodology impacts the workplace environment
- Evaluate process management in a Six Sigma environment
- Evaluate the components needed to create an effective Six Sigma team
- Analyze the Define step of the DMAIC process
- Analyze the Measure step of the DMAIC process
- Implement DMAIC measures
- Analyze the Analyze step of the DMAIC process
- Analyze the Improve step of the DMAIC process
- Analyze the Control step of the DMAIC process
- Differentiate Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) methodologies
- Differentiate the concepts of Six Sigma and Lean
Lesson 1 Six Sigma in the Workplace
Lesson 2 Six Sigma Process Management and Measures
Lesson 3 Six Sigma Team Management
Lesson 4 Step One Define
Lesson 5 Step Two Measure
Lesson 6 Probability and Process Capacity
Lesson 7 Step Three Analysis
Lesson 8 Step Four Improve
Lesson 9 Step Five Control
Lesson 10 Design for Six Sigma
You do not have to work on the factory floor to benefit from the Six Sigma methodology. There is waste and savings to be made in the office area, in the inventory arena, in the financial section, in the services area, and in the non-profit sector.
These tools are applicable to every work environment. They are proved ways to decrease waste, lower your expenses, increase your speed to the customer, and improve your bottom line.
The focus of this certificate is on statistics, so a basic understanding of statistics will ensure your success.
To understand the requirements, test details, cost, resources, locations and information on the American Society for Quality (ASQ) Black Belt Certification information – CLICK HERE.
The ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt Certification has no re-certification requirements. It is a lifetime certification.
The e-Book, “Six Sigma: Basic Tools and Techniques (NetEffect), written by Donna C. Summers, University of Dayton, published by Prentice Hall, is included in this training module. Once purchased you have access to the modules for six months – 180 days!