Why Supervisors Don’t Praise
- Eight reasons why supervisors don’t give the praise they should
When Not to Praise
- Ten situations where praise will not motivate
How to Praise Effectively
- Six major differences between effective and ineffective praise
- Seven tips from ‘The One Minute Manager’
- Eight powerful guides for giving praise
- How to do it
- How do I react to criticism?
- What are my present abilities?
- Why do I criticize?
- What changes do I have to make to be able to learn from criticism?
Benefiting From Criticism
- How to view critical remarks
- How to respond to critical comments
- How to encourage constructive criticism
- How to save face when someone criticizes you in front of your employees
Destructive vs. Constructive Criticism
- The essential differences between destructive and constructive criticism
- Seven things that make feedback useful
- How to recognize whether a statement is constructive or destructive
- Why is criticism so hard to give? The elements for successful criticism
- Fifteen guidelines for giving criticism that changes behavior
- A model for giving criticism that works in any situation
- What to criticize
- Opportunity to reformulate negative and destructive criticisms that will change behavior