If you use Microsoft Project to track projects,
this class will propel your efficiencies ten-fold.
This class meets two consecutive days March 29 & 30, 2022
The purpose of this class is to integrate Project Management best practices with the core functionality of Microsoft Project®.
This course is intended to provide you with hands-on practical exercises that will help you plan the work and work the plan using Microsoft Project®.
This course will improve your Project Management skills and increase your capability with core Project functions. Together they provide the necessary and essential skills for you to:
- Create a project plan
- Manage tasks, costs, work and resources
- Display your project plan data in a variety of views
- Track and manage your project during the execution
- Generate customized information
- Produce quality tracking and status information
- Respond quickly to customer requests and needs
- Customize your output
Classroom exercises will not only include hands on application of those items listed in the course outline, but will expand into actual real-world applications such as:
- determine the tasks that require immediate action
- generate a customized status report
- determine workloads and assignments
- analyze the effect of slides, additional resources, or schedule crashing
- determine your schedule variance and best course of action
- identify problem areas and run “what-if” scenarios
- create on-demand customized reports/li>
- how to sub-categorize your project
- produce status and health charts for various audiences
Quickly provide answers to customer questions such as:
- What will be required of my people in the next 15 days?
- What happens if I move a resource?
- Which tasks are behind schedule?
- What is the health of your project?
- How do you feel about your completion date?
- How do I find the tasks I need to be working on?
- Fundamental project management principles
- MS Project highlights
- Basic configuration/settings
- The schedule
- The calendar
- Fundamental calculations
- Planning essentials
- Tables and views
Building a schedule
- The approach
- Percent complete concepts
- Actual work
- Fixed vs. variable
- Calculating actual
- Earned value basics
- Getting the project back on schedule
- Creating reports
- Customizing reports
- Schedule and budget health
- Determining actuals/actions
- Charting progress
- Custom fields
- Custom filters
- Custom features
“The Microsoft Project was exactly what I was looking for. I thought Mike Green was very knowledgeable and handled the presentation of the material well.”
Peter Swenson, Product Manager, AgVantis, Overland Park, Kansas
Microsoft Project can be a complicated software package. If you work with it on a regular basis, this class will increase your ability to produce reports, track progress, and status projects.
Substitutions are free and must be done prior to the start of the class or certificate program.
Cancellations or rescheduling must be received in writing and full refunds will be given up to four business days prior to the start of class.
Any cancellation or reschedule submitted with three or less business days notice is subject to a $35 charge on 1 or 2 day classes and a $75 charge on certificate programs.
No refunds after the first day of the class or certificate program.