" Networking is more about 'farming' then it is about 'hunting'. It is about cultivating relationships." Dr. Ivan Misner, BNI
When it come to stepping up to leadership, your network is a tool for identifying new strategic opportunities and attracting the best people to them. It’s the channel through which you sell your initiatives to the people you depend on for cooperation and support.
What can a network do for you? It can keep you informed. Teach you new things. Make you more innovative. Help you get things done when in a hurry and need a favor. The list goes on and on.
- Understand the role of social networking in the creative process
- Identify the basic principles to make strategic networking an intentional and fruitful endeavor.
- Apply those principles to carry out a strategic networking activity and evaluate the outcome.
The network audit.
- How dynamic is your network – “Act Like a Leader, Think like a Leader” by Herminia Ibarra
- Strengths/Weaknesses of current network.
- Network density determination/calculation.
How leaders utilize networks as an essential leadership tool.
- Sensing trends and seeing opportunities.
- Building connections with opinion leaders and talent throughout a multitude and diverse industries.
- Avoid group think.
- Generate novel, breakthrough ideas.
- Working collaboratively across boundaries for value enhancement.
Developing a future facing network.
- Investment in activities for growth
- Utilization of existing connections
- Cultivation of connected mind
- Practical steps for expansion.
Managers, Supervisors, Leads, Department heads, and Project Leads of all levels who want to increase their ability to lead effective and productive teams, and clearly articulate their ideas to executives, peers and team members.
Substitutions are free and must be done prior to the start of the class or certificate program.
Cancellations or rescheduling must be received in writing and full refunds will be given up to four business days prior to the start of class.
Any cancellation or reschedule submitted with three or less business days notice is subject to a $35 charge on 1 or 2 day classes and a $75 charge on certificate programs.
No refunds after the first day of the class or certificate program.