Digital marketing helps organizations promote and sell products and services through online marketing methods such as social media messaging, website ads, Facebook marketing campaigns, Google Adwords, and more. It’s vital to develop a marketing strategy that keeps up with the technology.
This Certificate in Digital Marketing covers the strategic issues, marketing methods and tactics, industry terminology, and best practices. Each of the nine courses in this suite offer examples, videos from industry-leading practitioners, interactive games, and review questions to ensure mastery of the material.
After clicking the REGISTER button – scroll down to find the Digital Marketing Certificate sessions.
The following courses are included in when you purchase the Certificate package at $549. It is estimated that the time needed to complete the certificate is 28 hours, and you have access to the courses for 1 year. Each course in this suite can be purchased separately, if you wish to just do one course, and not the certificate. You would have 90 day access to the individual course. Purchasing the Certificate package saves you over $200.
- Digital Marketing Strategy ($79)
- Content Marketing ($89)
- Social Media Marketing ($89)
- Marketing Automation ($79)
- Web Analytics ($79)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) ($79)
- Paid Search/Pay Per Click Advertising (PPC) ($99)
- Mobile Marketing ($79)
- Conversion Rate Optimization ($79)
The Digital Marketing Certificate can help both current marketing professionals, and those wishing new career in digital marketing, with the necessary knowledge and skills.
We recommend beginning with Digital Marketing Strategy first and then other courses can be taken in any order. Upon successful completion, you can download and print a Certificate of Completion, and/or contact the Center for Management Development for a Certificate and a transcript.
The certificate content is aligned with the Online Marketing Certified Professional (OMCP) standards to ensure that it is comprehensive and relevant.
Key Features of all the online sessions:
|Games & Flashcards||Accessible|
|Audio-enabled in app||Badge and credit-awarding|
|Real-world case studies|
All courses in this certificate have an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of each course in the certificate has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course offers an introduction to content marketing, a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience. With an emphasis on key concepts, definitions, and metrics, the course examines ways that marketers can tailor their content to meet the specific needs of potential customers as they travel through the sales funnel. Learners will explore how content is used to build brand awareness and establish the brand as a trusted source of expert advice.
- Define content marketing, and explain how it relates to social media and SEO
- List the major types of content used in content marketing, and explain the strengths of each
- Explain the purpose and goals of a content marketing plan
- Describe the online marketing funnel, and explain which types of content are appropriate for which stages of the funnel
- Articulate the advantages of audience targeting and audience segmentation
- Explain the role of influencers in content marketing
- Describe the process of channel management, and explain why it is important to furthering your marketing goals
- Articulate the unique importance of video to content marketing campaigns
- Explain the importance of measuring your campaign’s effectiveness, and list the major performance metrics
- Explain the advantages of repurposing content
- Define a content audit, and explain its importance in content marketing
Conversion Rate Optimization is the process of steady and incremental marketing improvement to yield stronger results. In this course, learners will discover the five key steps to Conversion Rate Optimization and how the process interacts with other facets of digital marketing. Through a variety of instructive techniques, including subject matter expert videos and case-study scenarios, this course provides learners with the knowledge and resources to be more effective professionals.
- Define conversion rate and the many factors that contribute to it
- Identify the components of a digital marketing campaign and the role each component plays in conversion rate optimization
- Identify strategies for enhancing conversion rates
- Demonstrate successful application of the concepts learned to real-world scenarios
As consumers increasingly turn to the digital marketplace of the Internet, organizations recognize that they can better reach and connect with their customers, clients, or prospects through digital marketing.
There are many benefits to effective digital marketing including improved brand perception, more efficient lead generation, and better customer satisfaction levels. That can translate into the sale of more products and services.
Creating a digital marketing strategy is crucial to meeting the marketing goals of the organization. This course offers a step-by-step introduction to the process of creating such a strategy, with an emphasis on key concepts, definitions, and metrics.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of creating a digital marketing strategy in meeting organizational marketing goals
- Discuss the differences between an integrated and non-integrated digital marketing strategy
- Describe the five stages of a digital marketing strategy (Research, Plan, Execute, Measure, Analyze and Adjust)
- Explain how digital marketing elements can address strategic needs
- Describe the customer journey and how it applies to digital marketing
- Explore the use of a digital SWOT in assessing marketing efforts
- Explain the use of SMART goals in the planning stage
- Describe the use of the Plan, Do, Check, Act model in digital marketing
- Explain how lessons learned are integrated into digital marketing
- Describe the key ethical and legal issues in digital marketing
- Discuss best practices in fashioning a digital marketing strategy
This course is designed to help learners develop a solid understanding of the basic concepts and techniques that they will encounter as practitioners in the marketing automation field. Learners in this course will expand their knowledge through games, videos, a case study, quizzes, and other engaging content. Topics of major concern that are discussed in Module 1 include the key concepts, terms, and techniques used in marketing automation. The buying cycle and purchase funnel are described in detail, along with measuring content strategies and calculating the value of customers, followers, likes, and mobile loyalists.
In Module 2, the single customer view is introduced as it relates to cultivating leads. The module then covers customer relationship management and email marketing, with emphasis on multi-touch campaigns and lead scoring. Loyalty programs are discussed and methods for measuring their effectiveness. Finally, learners will combine this knowledge with business concepts in order to better inform marketing decisions for their firm.
- Define marketing automation and explain its value.
- Define key terms used in marketing automation.
- Explain the key components of marketing automation.
- Define the buying cycle and the online marketing funnel.
- Explain the aspects of prospect intent in a buying cycle (AIDA).
- Identify the key considerations in developing a content strategy.
- Name the major marketing channels.
- Define and explain what customer value is.
- Define and discuss the advantages of a single customer view.
- Describe the functions of a CRM system and an email marketing system.
- Discuss the types of data that are useful in lead capture.
- Explain the use of dynamic content.
- Explain the use of explicit and implicit data in lead nurturing.
- Articulate the value of lead scoring.
- Define strategies for building customer loyalty.
- Describe different methods of marketing automation measurement and control.
In the age of smartphones, it is a foregone conclusion that marketing efforts should be accessible on a mobile device. This course offers an introduction to mobile marketing, looking at strategies for reaching target audiences through multiple channels, including websites, email, social media, and mobile apps. With an emphasis on key concepts, definitions, and metrics, the course explores ways that marketers can leverage the unique benefits of mobile devices to drive profitable customer action.
- Define mobile marketing and explain its benefits
- Identify the major types of mobile devices and describe how they are used
- Explain the differences among the marketing efforts of large, medium-sized, and small businesses
- Consider the purposes of mobile marketing regulations
- Examine the key policies, guidelines, and/or organizations in the mobile marketing industry
- Identify various methods for locating mobile users
- Distinguish mobile-dedicated websites from responsive design websites
- Describe the various types of mobile advertisements
- Explain how loyalty programs and mobile coupons can enhance mobile marketing efforts
- Discuss the benefits of location-based services
- Consider how to choose the right mix of mobile marketing channels
- Define key metric categories and explain the use of channel-specific metrics