Are you exhausted running at a break-neck speed and not getting ahead?
Spend the day exploring valid & credible time management solutions.
You will learn practical techniques you can use to better plan your time, prioritize your decision-making and take control of common interruptions.
You will also come away equipped with tools you can use to take control of your day.
This seminar is designed for people who have demanding schedules and seemingly have too many tasks on their plate.
Employees from any level including supervisors, project managers, administrative staff, support personnel and team facilitators in both the public and private sectors will enjoy useful insights that help you take control of a world with too little time.
Time management introduction
- Discovering your time management philosophy
- Five ‘myths’ of time management
Performing a meaningful ‘time audit’
- How to perform a “time audit” – key to identifing your time wasters
- Separating the ‘urgent from the important’ through goal-setting
- The four-step approach to goal accomplishment
Developing skills for effective time management
- How to control the “big seven” time wasters
- How to delegate; delegate smart or work hard
- How to overcome procrastination
- How to clean up the cluttered desk
- Learning to say “NO” without feeling guilty
- How to reduce time wasters in meetings
- How to reduce “device” interruptions and distractions
Three tools for managing multiple priorities
- How to use the “swiss cheese” approach to get more done
- What the “slight edge” principle means to your success
- How to apply the 80/20 rule to your tasks and get more done
“This was a great class as there was a lot covered and this was well presented. I am glad I took this class and chose to invest in myself.”
Donald Chism, Project Controls Supervisor, H.F. Sinclair, El Dorado, Kansas
“Very strong activities to improve time management and increase productivity with less stress. A lot of this was a refresher to other training that I had but it was a good refresher and some was new. This was a reminder to put into action what I have learned and not just to throw the book on a shelf with no changes to be made”
Dave Doffing, Facility Project Manager, Foley Equipment, Wichita, KS
“Organizing larger projects is extremely valuable in my job. This course makes you use logic to prioritize tasks. This has already had a large impact on my confidence in a professional realm.”
Stephen Klaassen, Validation Engineer, Pfizer, McPherson, Kansas
“Shea is fun and knowledgeable. This class was a great start to the week and I feel more motivated to be more on top of managing time and tasks.”
Dani Roberts, IT Support, Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics, Wichita, Kansas
This seminar is designed for people who have demanding schedules and seemingly have too many tasks on their plate. Employees from any level including supervisors, project managers, administrative staff, support personnel and team facilitators in both the public and private sectors will enjoy the useful insights that help you take control of a world with too little time.
Substitutions are free and must be done prior to the start of the class or certificate program.
Cancellations or rescheduling must be received in writing and full refunds will be given up to four business days prior to the start of class.
Any cancellation or reschedule submitted with three or less business days notice is subject to a $35 charge on 1 or 2 day classes and a $75 charge on certificate programs.
No refunds after the first day of the class or certificate program.