Your presentation skills not only drive your audiences
ability to understand your information, but leave an
impression of you as a professional and creditable person.
Have you ever struggled with standing in front of a group, organizing your thoughts, and make a presentation understandable? The ability to deliver a professional, organized and engaging remarks is not only vital to your success, it can be a career booster! Whether your goal is to educate, ask for a decision, or inspire, delivering your message successfully takes preparation.
- Tips on reducing the anxiety associated with presentations is a major objective of the program, as well as proper preparation and effortless delivery.
- Learners will be able to gain critical skills without standing in front of an audience.
- You will learn how to package your content and present in an engaging and professional way.
- Additional hallmarks of impactful presentations will be given to polish your skills giving you confidence and credibility.
- Success is attained when one focuses and gives appropriate attention to the basics covered in this session.
Participants should come to class with a topic for a presentation in mind, so that they can work through creating an outline, and developing an action plan during the class.
Learning how to get the ‘butterflies’ in formation
Three tips for dealing with anxiety
- Breathing exercises
Eight tips in delivering a professional presentation
- What to do when you make a mistake
- How to handle the ‘know it all’ or “sharpshooter”
- Making a good ‘first impression’
- Dressing for your audience
- How to use positive words and phrases
- Proper posture and gestures
- The appropriate use of stories to supplement your remarks
- How to conduct a “Q & A”
Organizing your presentation
- Developing an attention getting opener
- Developing the body
- Using a summary statement
- Effective use of PowerPoint slides, YouTube and other presentation aids
“I have been training for over four years and learned so much that will help me grow as a presenter. It was a really great class.”
Kristin Gill, 911 Supervisor, Sedgwick County Emergency Communications, Wichita, Kansas
“There are many concrete rules that, when followed, create the perfect equation for a successful presentation. I was unaware of many of those guidelines. Additionally, Dr. Hackett was exceptional. His experience was instrumental in delivering this course material. The course materials was interesting, easy to implement, and fully relevant.”
Alicia Wieland, Service Network Specialist, Textron Aviation, Wichita, Kansas
If you make weekly or monthly briefings, or if you only step in front of an audience once in a while, this class will benefit your ability to be credible and polished.
If you are new into the workplace, and lack experience in front of an audience, this class will be beneficial.
Any level in the organization, any department, any employee who makes presentations can use this session.
Substitutions are free and must be done prior to the start of the class or certificate program.
Cancellations or rescheduling must be received in writing and full refunds will be given up to four business days prior to the start of class.
Any cancellation or reschedule submitted with three or less business days notice is subject to a $35 charge on 1 or 2 day classes and a $75 charge on certificate programs.
No refunds after the first day of the class or certificate program.