Identify techniques and strategies that you can use to influence others where you do not have direct line authority. You will also address the situation where you do have line authority, but prefer to influence the actions and decisions of subordinates rather than direct them.
Leadership without Command and Control
- Nondirective styles of leadership
- When to apply nondirective styles
- The art of influencing others that you do not control
How to Build a Collaborative Work Environment
- How to recognize the strategies of competition
- How to build a collaborative climate
- How to treat abusers
- How to increase trust
How to Influence Change without Authority
- What is the process of change?
- How to create conditions where people seek change
- How to identify what you want
- How to identify what the other person wants
Exchange as a Basis of Influence
- Let differences work for you
- What really causes the other party to DO what you want
- Why people resist your influence?
- Six suggestions for increasing your Influence through exchange
Project Your Self-Image as an Influencer
- What is the impact of being positive?
- How to project your self-confidence
- How to connect with your audience
- How to negotiate for results
The program "Influencing without Authority" addresses a topic that we all face in both our work and personal lives, and provides real world application to which we can all relate. Dr. Graham does a great job of providing a significant amount of information without making the student feel overwhelmed. He relates the topic to real life situations, and his energy keeps everyone engaged. CMD courses do a great job of marrying real world scenarios with academic data. The courses are relevant and the instructors are extremely knowledgeable about their topics.
Adam Kice, Bombardier - Learjet