When leadership understands their roles, and work to support the mission, the outcome is powerful.
Start when YOU want to start. We will send all the materials when you pay for the module.
Work at your own pace. Do one section a week, or one section every two weeks.
Convenient, flexible and packed with proven leadership skills, this course will be conducted electronically with Dr. Graham, through email, web postings, blogs, electronic feedback and videos. Dr. Graham will give you frequent and detailed feedback on your work.
This course offers proven and effective leadership techniques that are practical and useful. Dr. Graham will emphasize the role of leadership, decision-making and communication in coordinating a team that enthusiastically supports your vision and mission. His lively use of exercises, examples and humor gives you management techniques that equip you with the skills necessary to begin your transition from manager to an effective leader.
- Gain insight into your individual leadership style and enhance your capabilities
- Sharpen your communication skills and effectiveness on the job
- Discover the importance of cultivating work teams
- Identify motivation “turn-ons” that result in a productive climate
You will receive the following:
- The book “LEAD: How Effective Leaders Get Things Done”.
- Review questions that will be covered each one of 5 sessions.
- Case Studies to compliment the questions.
- PowerPoint slides to compliment each session.
- A 10-point quiz for each session.
- Session progress via a Dashboard each time you complete a quiz.
- A reference blog.
You will receive 5 session assignments that will include readings, review questions, case analyses, and a ten-point, electronic quiz. Dr. Graham will provide feedback in the form of dashboards and comments.
As you advance through the material, Dr. Graham will be available for questions, observations and sharing.
Leadership and vision
- What is leadership?
- Why vision is important
- Why mission is important
- How leaders handle objectives
- How leaders differ from managers
What is my leadership style?
- Do I have leadership traits?
- Am I task-oriented?
- Am I people-oriented?
- Is my style effective?
How effective leaders make decisions
- Four ways leaders make decisions
- How leaders empower subordinates
How great leaders communicate
- What should be communicated?
- What is my listening style?
- What is my sending pattern?
How successful leaders improve teamwork
- Five kinds of teams
- Five dimensions of teamwork
- Three common mistakes of teamwork
- Five symptoms of team deterioration
How to negotiate conflicts
- Three mistakes in negotiation
- Five steps in preparing for negotiations
- Five strategies for resolving conflicts
How successful leaders motivate others
- Why hiring is important
- The work itself
- Financial and non-financial rewards
- Why discipline is important
“I thoroughly enjoyed your book and I learned a great deal. I believe implementing the concepts of this course will truly make me a much more effective leader (and it already has).
Carl Wheeler, Contract Attorney for DCF Child Support Services, 18th Judicial District Court, Wichita, KS
This seminar is designed for individuals currently in a leadership position or those who aspire to develop a leadership role in any type of organization. It is also valuable for anyone who has worked successfully in a leadership role but would like to update and reinforce their skills, plus review the most effective leadership theories and practices.