There is always a team of talented people behind every success.
Strengthen your ability to lead them successfully.
Understanding team organization
- Definition of teams and the value of teamwork
- What defines a high-performing team
- Pitfalls and barriers to team productivity
- Stages of team formation – the Tuckman model
- The key essentials of team foundation
- How to perform a ‘team audit’ to greater understanding
Tools and techniques of team management
- Methods for developing the right team culture
- How to motivate and influence
Skills for effective leadership
- Preparing for and practicing productive conflict
- How to employ The Five Dysfunctions of a Team
- How to conduct effective meetings for dynamic communication
Teams & Teamwork
- Definition of teams
- What’s the true value of teamwork
- Types and key attributes of teams
Formation & Lifecycle
- Key components of team
- Characteristics of a high-performance team
- What are the key difficulties of a team?
- Stages of team formation
- Foundational elements: trust and vulnerability
Establishing a Positive Team Culture
- How to energize and motivate a team
- Best practices to avoid
- How to create a motivating team culture
- Cost of conflict
- Importance of conflict and teams
- Toxic behaviors to watch out for
- Five techniques for resolving conflict behaviors
Role of a Team Leader
- Characteristics of a team leader
- Lessons learned of a Coach
- Team facilitation
- Best practices for conducting a meeting
Team leaders, Project Managers, Program Managers, Functional Managers, and small or large team members.
“Great class with an excellent instructor who provided insightful and fulfilling material. Wish it was a two-day class instead of one as I learnt so many tips and tricks and hope to continue doing so with CMD”
Mark Cleveland, Advanced Manufacturing Manager, BG Automation
“The class was a good resource to help take back tips and knowledge to help our workplace teams work more as a group and not as individuals. Coaching in a manner that has constructive feedback, but is also helpful and encouraging, can help teams go beyond their potential and make their company become very successful. He has a lot of experience and knowledge with helping individuals and companies succeed with working together and making their team a high-functioning, successful group in the workplace.”
Eric Proffitt, Intrust Bank, Wichita, Kansas
Substitutions are free and must be done prior to the start of the class or certificate program.
Cancellations or rescheduling must be received in writing and full refunds will be given up to four business days prior to the start of class.
Any cancellation or reschedule submitted with three or less business days notice is subject to a $35 charge on 1 or 2 day classes and a $75 charge on certificate programs.
No refunds after the first day of the class or certificate program.